This is the chili recipe that I made for my family last night. It received RAVE reviews…in fact, my husband said it was my best chili recipe yet!
I served it with grated raw white cheddar cheese, avocado, roasted jalapeno’s (roasted them whole until blackened on the grill and then sliced) and some organic classic round crackers.
- 2 lbs grass-fed beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 – 15 oz cans organic black beans, with liquid
- 2 – 15 oz cans organic tomato sauce
- 1 – 28 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced green chilis
- diced jalapeno’s to taste
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 – 12oz beer (I used Yuengling, light lager – you could just substitute water but I like the flavor the beer imparts)
Brown the ground beef; drain off the fat. Saute the onions and celery in the pan drippings just to begin to soften. In a large pot, combine meat and all the remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer over low heat. Stir every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours. Enjoy!
Great nutrition and warmth for a chilly winter evening!