So…I’ve beat myself up pretty badly in the past for struggling with this blogging thing.
The “experts” all say things like:
- maintain a consistent theme/topic
- blog regularly and consistently
- know your audience
- keep your posts relevant
Honestly, I struggle with all of these…at least, I THOUGHT I struggled with all of these.
In reality, after much soul searching, I realized that I don’t struggle with these…I DO most of these…OK…I admit, I DO struggle with the regular and consistent thing.
I also realized that I AM blogging about MY life. Authentically and honestly.
- Life after an unexpected job loss and the difficulty of finding a job in these uncertain times
- Life as a budding entrepreneur…or am I?? Is that what I really want? Does it fit my life right now?
- Life as a wife of 28 years to a husband who is beginning a new career himself
- Life as a semi-empty nester mother of a 21 year old college student and 25 year old college graduate (they both “supposedly” live at home but we rarely see them)
- Life as a woman who is searching to figure out who she is in this next phase of her life
I am hereby, releasing myself of ALL guilt for not meeting the standards of the “experts” and giving myself PERMISSION to blog as I see fit. I am confident there is material here that others, like me, will find useful, beneficial and interesting. If not, there are plenty of other blogs to read. (grin)
This blog is about my life. The twists, the turns, the changes. All of it. I am embracing whatever life brings me. I am intentionally finding the good in all of the changes. I am where I need to be. I will bless others with my life. I will leave a positive legacy.
I WILL blog about my life.
I WILL blog with consistency.
I WILL not worry about what the experts think.
I WILL live my life with the Spirit of YOLO.
I WILL live intentionally and purposefully.
I WILL be present in every moment.
I wish you blessings and peace in 2011. The number 11 has always been one of my favorite numbers. I’m looking forward to this being a great year!!
Peace and blessings.